Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Canada, Here We Come!

Clay and I are preparing for our long awaited vacation to Quebec. Grammy and Grampa are on their way up from Florida, as we speak, to take care of our little guy. As excited as I am to have 5 days with my hubby, I can't get rid of this nagging feeling that I'm going to miss Jack beyond control. I can't imagine traveling without a diaper bag, not having a toddler to chase around, and not tucking him into bed at night. I just know I'm going to be thinking about him nonstop and wondering what he is playing, what he is eating, how he is napping, if he has a dirty diaper, etc, etc. Will he miss me this much? Doubtful, I'm sure he will be spoiled rotten with love and endless attention. We all deserve this...a vacation for Mommy and Daddy and a vacation of sorts for little J. Clay and I have a wonderful trip planned filled with lots of sight seeing, late dinners (as opposed to our normal 6:00 meal time), sleeping in...ahhh, and even a hot air balloon ride. Oh, I'm sure there will be much to share when we return...there always is when Clay and I go on vacation. So,until then Bon Voyage and hugs and kisses to my little one!


2 comments:

The Campbells said...

Congrats, you deserve some much needed time away. Thanks for your help on the music thing. Make sure to take pictures with you to look at of Jack and let us all know how you made through.

Kari said...

I totally know how you feel. We are leaving in a week for Barcelona and I'm so nervous about leaving them. We went to Fairhope, but were just hours away if we needed to get back. I did miss them the first day, but then enjoyed myself. Hopefully that's what will happen with you. This trip across the ocean is different and I'm sure yours is too, b/c you can't get back so quickly if you needed to. I hope you guys have fun.