
As you may remember (via the blog), our trip to Florida was canceled last month due to a vicious stomach bug. I was beginning to give up on the hopes that we could find another weekend that worked for everyone. After much planning, organizing, and checking of agendas, we are finally scheduled to leave tomorrow. I say that with caution after our last try. We haven't been "home" since Thanksgiving. Which means we have a lot of people to see. Jack will be visiting with Grammy, Grandpa, Uncle Mike, Uncle Matt, Aunt Catlin, cousins Whit and Larkin, Uncle Jim, and I'm sure many more. Not only will his social calendar be booked once arriving in town, but he also gets to take his first plane ride. Before hitting the skies, I asked for advice everywhere I could get it. I dont want to be the passenger on the plane with the screaming baby. Granted it is only a 45 minute flight, however no one loves Jack as much as his Mommy and Daddy, especially when he is crying. Therefore I needed advice. I heard..."give him a bottle at take off and l
anding for his ears", "have lots of treats" ( I guess he can't scream too loudly with a mouthful of food), "bring many books and toys", "pass him back and forth between Mommy and Daddy often to change the scenery", and "expect the best, it wont be as hard as you think" (gee, I hope that's true). So, we are taking all of that advice and our luggage on the airplane with us tomorrow and heading south. Nervous?...kind of. But, mostly just excited to see everyone and share my baby. With Jack's help, our bags are packed...again...and we are ready for a busy weekend! More when we get back from FLORIDA!

2 comments:
It won't be that bad! Meg has flown many, many times . . . beginning at just 8 weeks old. Chances are VERY GOOD that the hum of the moter and a bottle will put him to SLEEP! It almost always happens with Meg :) Good Luck -- it will be great, I know it.
How did Jack do on the plane ride??I'm sure the flight attendants were ooing and aahing over him the whole time!
Post a Comment