
Now, why couldn't I have thought of this? What a simple and much needed concept. The Coffee Park is a cozy establishment that serves lunch, smoothies, and of course coffee. The best part is they provide a supervised play area for tots. So, Mommies eat lunch worry free while the kiddies play! Jack adores the baby side with the life sized tree planted right in the middle. He climbs all over it, entertains himself with the oodles of toys, and flirts with the play area staff. Every time I've checked on him through the glass he always has Jill at his becking call. I think Jill is his favorite...she thinks it's because of her name..."Jack and Jill"....who knows? I thought he might show a little of that separation anxiety he has been displaying lately...not so. He was in complete awe and enjoyed every minute of it. Today was Jack's second visit to the tree house. Last Tuesday we met Cristina and baby Sophia and this Tuesday we met Erica, baby Miller, Heather, and toddler Meg. He had such a great time you wouldn't even have known that Jack was feeling a bit under the weather. And unfortunately, that leads me to the rest of our day. We returned home just in time for his afternoon nap.

Poor guy was exhausted! He tried his hardest to fall into a deep slumber, but that cough fought him every step of the way. As I listened outside his door the cough worsened into a deep bark. Okay, time to call the pediatrician. And that is where we spent the rest of the afternoon. What started as a wonderful day of play turned into a disappointing diagnosis...croup and our 4th ear infection. Another dose of antibiotics, more breathing treatments, and a new shiny blue humidifier will hopefully be the cure. Poor Jack, he just can't get a break lately!
1 comment:
Poor Jack. How's he feeling today?
Post a Comment