Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ten Month Birthday

Jack is ten months old today. Double digits...this is serious business! He is going to be a toddler before I know it. I'm trying to come to the realization that it is inevitable that my baby is going to grow up. Why is it so hard though? I've loved every month. Actually every month has been "my favorite". So, it should be easy to look ahead to more growing and more "favorites", but it's just not. Instead, it is extremely hard. I look at the baby fat slowly disappearing and his independence rapidly appearing and all I can think is...my baby is growing up too fast. So, in honor of Jack's 10 month day, here are 10 of my favorite Jack-isms...

1. his half toothy grin when I come to get him after a good night's sleep or a nap

2. his love of food and the whine that precedes meal time....as if to say, "hurry up"

3. his adventerous spirit...he is all boy and in and on everything

4. his "catch me if you can" diaper changing challenges

5. his high pitched squeal when he sees Cosby or a dog in the neighborhood

6. the shy Jack that digs his grinning face into my shoulder when someone says hello to him

7. the way he babbles on and on to me as if I have any idea what he is saying

8. how he always chooses blue, no matter the item...once again, all boy

9. his squishy rosy cheeks when he gives me that baby Jack smile

10. the way he has made us a family and how I couldn't fathom life without him now

So much has changed in so little time. I can only imagine what the next two months of baby life will be like before we are faced with toddlerhood. All I can hope for is more of the same. We will keep you posted on our growing boy and all of the new adventures that come with it!





1 comment:

allison said...

Those pics look professional! I need to bring Ansley over for a photo shoot!