
The great thing about living in the suburbs is that no matter which way I turn out of the neighborhood there is a kid friendly park nearby. That's exactly what Jack and I did today. We turned out of the neighborhood and went to the park. We couldn't resist the unusual spring like weather and figured we better enjoy it while it lasts...cold weather and rain are on the way. As soon as we arrived, Jack knew where he was. He started telling me all about the trees, the joggers and their dogs, and of course the many kids p

laying. He was completely satisfied with observing all of the sights until he spotted the swing set. One look and that is where he longed to be. I put Jack in the baby swing and away he went. With each push he belted out a boisterous giggle. So much so, that he accumulated a full audience of Mommys and kids....which he loved! If the swing slowed down too much his face turned into a somber grimace. If he could talk, I know he would have been saying, "higher, higher". I kept pushing higher until I thought the swing would come off of the hinges and that is just what he wanted. Giggle after giggle told me he was enjoying every minute of it. It makes me wonder if I have a future stunt baby on my hands...no fear here. After Mommy's arms got tired and too much spit up was flying, we headed over to the play scape. Ag

ain, no fear, Jack climbed and wiggled and talked to all of the big kids who surrounded him. I had to join him up there to make sure there were nearby hands to catch my little dare devil in case of any emergencies. We topped off our visit with a 2 mile walk on the park's trails. Not nearly as exciting for the stunt baby but, he enjoyed it none the less. Upon returning home, Jack settled in for an afternoon nap. The only problem was he fell asleep sitting up...I think he was dreaming about that swing!
1 comment:
Oh, just you wait until it IS spring and that little Jack is ready to tackle the playground equipment head on! What fun that will be :) Glad to see you guys had a fun afternoon . . . you can come go to the park with us anytime!
Post a Comment