Our bags are packed and we have no where to go...some things just aren't meant to be. Clay, Jack, and I had these grandiose plans to board a plane this afternoon and fly to Florida to see family. I started packing on Tuesday. Between Jack's suitcase, mine, and Cosby's, it takes a lot of prep time to get ready for vacation these days. Sometimes being overly prepared can cause you more work in the long run. It looks like I will be unpacking all the bags today............It all started Tuesday evening when Jack came down with a stomach bug. It wasn't pretty...his first vomiting fit followed by some yucky diapers. I felt terrible for the little guy. Lots of whining and a loss of appetite followed for the next two days. Jack was pushing bottles and spoons away...so uncharacteristic of him. He finally ate some Cheerios and that is pretty much what his diet consisted of until this morning. Before bed last night, we could see an upside to things. Still a little whiny, but feeling much better. So, we assumed, Jack's first plane ride was still on. Our suitcases were zipped and ready to head out the door the next day. At 2 am, our plans went down the tubes. D
addy woke with a queasy stomach and it was all down hill from there. So instead of loading the car, boarding a plane, and hugging family in Florida...we are home. Daddy is layed up, Jack isn't sure how he feels, and poor Cosby is just plain confused. I on the other hand am feeling fine, (knock on wood), and am very disappointed. I suppose I will spend the rest of the afternoon putting away all of those strategically planned outfits with matching bibs and placing suitcases back in the closet. Everything happens for a reason, so I assume it just wasn't Jack's time to attempt flying. We aren't giving up though...hopefully we can give it a try again sometime soon. As for right now, I have my fingers crossed that I'm not the next victim of the "vacation ruining" stomach bug.

1 comment:
I am so sorry that your weekend plans were ruined. I hope you don't get sick!! We can't wait to see you on Thursday!!!
Post a Comment