Sunday, December 2, 2007

Oh' Christmas Tree

It is officially Christmas at the Cibula household. Christmas cards are in the mail and the Christmas tree is up. Today we took Jack for our first "new family Christmas tradition"....tree shopping. For a brief moment I considered making our tradition one of which included visiting a tree farm, searching for the perfect tree, and chopping it down ourselves. Then as we were leaving Mass this morning I saw the sale sign for Christmas trees and I quickly came to my senses. That would be so much easier and much less stress, which in turn would make it a "happy new Christmas family tradition". Plus I've never seen Clay use an ax and I don't know if I want to. So after Jack's afternoon nap, we loaded the car and headed back down to the church. I had the camera in hand and Jack was dressed in festive attire. Before even walking in to the rows of trees Jack posed next to the sign that had caught my eye earlier in the day. He giggled as soon as we sat him down and this wasn't even the fun part yet! As Jack and Clay searched for our first family Christmas tree, I stayed nearby camera in hand. Someone even passed by and said, "first Christmas?"...how did you guess, I thought to myself. Between tree scouting, Jack tried to eat a few leaves, starred at a little tree shopper in a Santa hat, and became mesmerized by the sound of a chainsaw. It didn't take long before they found the perfect tree (and we didn't even have to chop it down). The boys waited for my approval and it was a done deal, or so we thought. As we made our way to the pay stand and have the tree loaded on the car, we noticed other shoppers placing sheets on their rooftops. Oops!, we didn't bring a sheet. How were we suppose to know that? In the past Clay and I have gone to Home Depot and the roll out a large piece of paper and lay it down under the tree. We just assumed it would be the same at the church. It wasn't. So, we had to go home, get a sheet, and then return for our tree. You can imagine my anxiety worrying if someone else would get our perfect tree while we were gone. But, we returned to the tree lot to see it safely waiting for the Cibula family. It is now standing tall in our front living room by he window. Tomorrow afternoon Jack and I are going to decorate it...we may even wait for Daddy to get home...another Christmas tradition in the making.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula, he is so adorable. He could be a baby model...he is that cute. I love that first picture of him under the xmas tree sign.

That's great that you found a tree. I imagine that shopping for one is much easier than cutting one down!