
Yesterday we met Miller and Erica for a late lunch at Mellow Mushroom. It turned out to be later than originally planned. Jack and I had plenty of time to get ready for the big outing before we had to leave the house, so I don't know what happened. Except the following...Jack woke from his nap 15 minutes later than usual. No big deal, we could still make it on time. He ate lunch and we were off to change clothes (both of us). I decided to change first in the anticipation of any major spit up accidents. Good thinking on my part, because we had an accident, just not spit up. While I was getting ready I smelled a dirty diaper. I thought, "no problem, I'll change him when I get him dressed". Little did I know that the mess was not contained to his diaper. As soon as I did realize the diaper drama, I took him straight to his room for a clean up...a very extended clean up. That set us back another 10 minutes. We returned to my room to finish myself up before putting on Jack's lunch date clothes. Sure enough I had hair issues. For anyone who is unaware, I cut 6 inches off of my hair last week to make it easier to deal with. Not so...I'm still trying to get the hang of this new do. So, that set us back another 1o minutes (and it still looked horrible). After getting myself semi-ready we got Jack dressed, bundled up, and out the door. Or so I thought. As soon as my hand reached for the car door handle...massive spit up. I mean like his entire meal...orange carrots and all. Luckily for Jack, none of it landed on his lunch attire. Unfortunately for me, it ALL landed on my lunch attire. So, back upstairs for a wardrobe change...this time a 5 minute setback. Oh, the joys of a baby, going places just aren't as easy as they use to be. Once we arrived at our destination, it was all worth it though. Jack gave a huge smile when he saw hi

s long time buddy, Miller, and his Mommy, Erica. High chair to high chair they enjoyed a wonderful time of touching one another, trying to share toys, starring intently, squeals of delight, and grins from ear to ear. This was all, of course, in between Jack starring down my food and moaning for samples. However, Erica and I also enjoyed a great lunch and some much needed Mommy talk. Jack and I are looking forward to another lunch date soon and hopefully we won't be late this time.
1 comment:
Ahh...our cute little guys:)
Looking forward to our next lunch!
E
Post a Comment