Sunday, December 9, 2007

"No, Jack, No"


The has been the phrase of the week at mealtime. Jack has discovered how to take a mouth full of food, hold it for a short while, and then spray it across the room. I admit, the first time it was funny and I had to laugh. I even went and got the camera. But, after the 21st time...no one was laughing...except for Jack. He has sprayed Mommy, Daddy, GG, Grandma, and the nanny with a variety of fruits and veggies. We all put our serious face on and say, "No, Jack, No". He returns a serious look for about 2 seconds, smiles, and follows it with a giggle. Almost as if he is so proud of his new talent. The other day I had to pass the spoon to Daddy because I just couldn't take anymore green beans in my face. Daddy was very patient and tried to teach Jack table manners... unfortunately it didn't work. Sunday morning I woke to the sound of giggles and Daddy's voice again saying, "No, Jack, No". I was upstairs in bed smiling and so thankful it wasn't me down there covered in pears and cereal. I truly hope this is a short phase he is going through. It is so unlike Jack to give up any food, even if it is for fun!


1 comment: