Thursday, December 13, 2007

Eight Month Birthday


And what a happy day it was...Jack had his first date at eight, (months that is). I told him he couldn't do it again until he was eighteen. This one should hold him over for a while because we had a wonderful lunch date with Wesley Kate, Karen's new arrival. Fortunatley for Jack, Patterson had a prior engagement and was unable to join us so Jack got Wesley Kate all to himself. It was unfortunate for the rest of us because we sure did miss little P's contagious smile...we'll have to wait until next week! We met Wesley Kate and Karen at one of my old favorite lunch spots in town. I don't make it down there too much anymore, so it was a nice treat. Between two diaper bags, a high chair, a car seat, a stroller, two mommies and two babies, we almost took up the whole back room. Lunch isn't as easy as it use to be, but Jack sure is worth it. The business lunch crowd was booming and Jack was loving it. Every man that walked by in a suit caught Jack's attention, he was thinking, "that one must be my Daddy, no that one must be him". Our Daddy wasn't there but Jack sure had a great time looking for him. Jack loved the sight of the waiters and waitresses bustling by with plates of food. His eyes followed them all around the restaurant. So much action and so much to look at! But nothing could compare to what he saw next. As soon as he caught a glimpse of Wesley Kate sleeping in her car seat, he was smitten. He could not take his eyes, or hands for that matter, off of her. I can only imagine how much he will enjoy her company when she is actually awake. Sleeping beauty snoozed through the whole date, including Jack pawing all over her and her stroller. We tried to distract him with toys and food. The food worked for a short while then he was back to his hands on greetings. I tried to explain to Jack that you "never wake a sleeping baby", especially in public. The talk of sleep must have reminded Jack that it was nearing nap time so we headed home for a restful late afternoon. After all of the "date at eight" excitement Jack slept for a full two hours. I think he may have been dreaming about his new playmate and all of the fun they will have.


2 comments:

Erin said...

that is too sweet...how fun! and how brave of Karen...I think I was terrified to take Nate to restaurants when he was that little!

Anonymous said...

I think they make an adorable couple!