Merry Christmas! My little ones have been anticipating this morning for quite a while now. As usual the jolly ol' fella filled the playroom with Santa sacks for the kids. They were right under the kid's tree as expected. Santa and I came up with this plan as a way to keep the living room presentable for adult Christmas celebrations. Brilliant, huh?
The biggies this year were an electric scooter for Jack and hover boards for the girls.
Jack also cashed in on a few Lego sets, gift cards, and some gadgets. While Maggie got lots of beauty products and Lucy scored fun art supples.
And look at what Mama got. If you ask me, you can never go wrong with diamonds. Love! Smoochies to my thoughtful hubby!
Before we made our way upstairs to do the rest of the adult gifts, GG and I snuggled in for a restful viewing of White Christmas. I love old movies, especially musicals and especially next to my Grandma. As hard as I tried, I couldn't keep the kid's attention. They could be found either riding up and down the road on their new transportation, building Lego creations or more roller skating in the garage.
When the final credits rolled it was the grown ups turn...
One of my most favorite parts of Christmas is gift giving. I love finding just the right present for my family. And if I actually get to see the recipient open the presents it's a double bonus for me.
Look what I found for my FSU loving hubby...a signed Bobby Bowden game day picture. This will be perfect in his office.
And for my Aunt and Mom, a few girly goodies. Since Maggie has banned me from buying clothes for her without her input, these ladies fill the void.
I'm convinced I could wrap up a rock for my Grandma and she would think it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. She is that easy to please. But no rocks for my Grandma this year. I had fun finding little activities to fill her time, soft jammies, and pictures of the kids.
Please note how she saves all the bows in pristine condition. I can't imagine what she actually does with them. Such a gentle soul.
As much as I enjoy watching others open their gifts, it was fun to open a few of my own. I adore this map of our lake house. So thoughtful from my brother and sister in law. I'm looking forward to getting up there and finding the perfect place to hang it.
I also can't wait to try out my new Yoga pillow from Grammy when I can get this sweet sack of sugar off of it. It made for the perfect resting spot after a busy morning of hover boarding around.
Now if that wasn't eventful enough, the real celebration begins when we host Christmas dinner. This year was a bit quieter due to Covid, but we still managed to host 8 adults and 5 kiddos. I'm looking forward to next year when we can have the whole crew here.
Regardless it was a very Merry and as always busy Christmas. Merry Christmas to all! Now on to the New Year...yippee!

















No comments:
Post a Comment