I'm not even sure how to explain this "Santa for Two" business. As you may remember, last year was it for Jack in the believing department. But, I was still insistent that he would participate in our Christmas traditions {even seeing Santa}.
Well, come Santa visit day, there was a big college football game on right at our appointment time, so there went Clay. Jack was not interested, but I was insisting and Maggie had clothes drama {imagine that}. Not to mention, I had just waved goodbye to a household of Thanksgiving guests. I was spent.
So basically, I took an exasperated look around and said, "anyone with a smile can hop in the car and go see Santa with me". And guess what? One kid smiled and jumped in and her name is Lucy. So off we went.
As we made our way onto the lane, guess who came chasing after us {with a change of clothes in hand}...yes, Maggie.
So that is basically, how "Santa For Two" came to be. I vow to never let this happen again. Seriously.
Just keeping it real, people...even during the holidays.
Things didn't get too much easier once we arrived {i.e. parking, elevator drama}, but seeing these precious girls of mine with Santa made it all better.
I mean I can hardly handle the Christmas sweetness.
And this little one! Oh, the Christmas magic is alive in her sweet heart and I can't get enough of it.
I'm looking forward to many more Christmas memories this holiday season and praying the sweetness of it all over shadows whatever is not in my plan.
Oh, and one more thing....just for nostalgia's sake....💕








No comments:
Post a Comment