Sunday, November 26, 2017

Too Much, Too Thankful

Is it even possible to have too much to be thankful for?  Too thankful?...is that even a thing?

Maybe it's the season, but I feel like I'm about to get really sappy on you again.  But geez, I can hardly count my blessings.  So many wonderful family and friends and I had the pleasure of hosting of few of them for Thanksgiving this year.  I'm either getting really giddy just thinking about it, or {gasp}...more sap is on the way.

I can't really think of another year that we have hosted Thanksgiving at our house {except for the month Maggie was born, and trust me, that doesn't count}.  So, believe it or not, I was super thankful to decorate my first Thanksgiving table.  As for the cooking, I didn't dig that too much, put preparing a seat for our guests was loads of fun.

I climbed a couple Magnolia trees to add some greenery to the kids table. {okay, not really, but I was definitely trespassing in a few yards}



As for the adult table, it was a little more of that and actual real linens.  Initially, I grabbed this picture to show a friend how to do place cards.  And although it's not the table in it's entirety, I thought I would share anyway.  Let you imagination fill in the blanks...pheasant feathers, candles, boxwoods...


Now just imagine, that my thankful tank is about a quarter of the way full.  Yes, decorating a table will do that to me. But, in no time, my gauge was past the half way mark.  I mean, wouldn't yours be?  Just look a these sweeties making their VERY MESSY gingerbread turkeys...



Ooooh, ooohhh...and I spy an amazing Aunt doing all the dirty work!  I just might have been overflowing with thankfulness at this point.





What a delish mess!



But it only gets better....be still my heart...Baby Brecken's very 1st Thanksgiving...at my kid's table.  Love!  That little turkey is as cute, squishy, smart and as happy he looks.   I seriously can't get enough of this little guy.


And even once Thanksgiving passed, I continued to have too much to be thankful for.  Our guests stayed throughout the weekend {and yes, I was even thankful for that} and we made a big ol' to do about it.

We ate and played, and ate and played some more.  And once again, I was reminded just how much I have to be thankful for.










See what I mean...too much to be Thankful for.  And I assure you, I am too Thankful for it all.

Love you sweet family!  Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: