Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Christmas That Almost Wasn't

Be forewarned...this may the lamest Christmas post in the history of this blog.

Just as the title mentions, this Christmas "almost wasn't" and barely was.  Worse day of the year for mama to get the Flu?...Christmas!  I literally haven't been sick all winter and I've even had the flu shot.  Tell me what are the chances?  But, yes lo' and behold, Christmas Eve Eve, I went down.  I tired to push through, but by Christmas morning I was spent.

So, with all that said, he is a brief snip it of Christmas and the days leading.

Christmas Eve Eve {day one that I sensed something was off} we baked Christmas cookies in the kitchen with GG.  You know how much I adore GG memories in the kitchen, right?






Christmas Eve {definitely not feeling great today}, we gave the kiddos their gifts from Mommy & Daddy.  Maggie got an iPad, Lucy got her first American Girl Doll and Jack got a Nintendo Switch.

Very happy kiddos!





We followed that up with our traditional Christmas Eve Gingerbread Houses.







Christmas Eve Mass and dinner at Grandma's filled our evening.





So, I'm pretty lucky I even grabbed any pictures of Christmas morning.  I literally peeled myself out of bed, watched the kids's open their gifts from Santa and then was back to bed for the rest of the holiday.








Heart breaking to miss out on the celebration, I tell you!

However, the party went on.  All the family still came for Christmas dinner.  Grandma and GG took over in the kitchen and I popped my head out to wish aunts, uncles, and cousins a Merry Christmas.  

There is always next year!



No comments: