Monday, June 5, 2017

Coca-Cola Coaster

Yet another post that should have taken about 20 minutes has turned into over an hour due to computer issues.  If this continues, you may not be hearing a lot from me this summer.

I decided to take all my pictures on my phone {gasp} in hopes of alleviating the uploading issue.  Better, but not great.  All that aside here is another summer list knock off...World Of Coke.

I'd like to name this day the "Coca-Cola Coaster" namely because there were a lot of ups and a lot of downs, if you get my drift.  Kind of like the Sky View Ferris Wheel we rode as a culmination of our afternoon.  Irony at its best.

I refuse to name names, but one child was perfect and an absolute joy, the other two made up for it ten-fold.  Just keeping it real.

We arrived to the World of Coke after lunch.  I love not having to contend with naps {although Lucy did ask for one on the way home...eek}.



We grabbed our tickets at the gate for what turned out to be a very quiet day in the land of Coke.  That's always a nice plus in my book.



Of course, these three could not wait to get their hands on a can of Coke.  Lucy took one sip and declared it "too spicy".  Jack drank about half of his and Maggie downed hers.  Ever since last summer's visit Maggie has been a true fan.

And I suppose this would be a good time to note, that I have decided to choose my battles when it comes to Maggie's attire.  Her "style" has done a complete 180 to my demise and I'm trying my best to embrace it.  And although I say that with clinched teeth, I assure you, I seriously am.


We toured the downstairs and upstairs of the museum and hit all of our favorite stops.






I was completely enamored with my name on the wall of the "Coke Stories" exhibit.  I'm telling you that NEVER happens to me.



But, per usual the Taste Testing Room was the winner among the kiddos.


Word of warning...that Beverly might be the most gosh awful tasting drink in the world.



Before we headed home, we decided to knock one more activity of our summer bucket list.  I have been dying to do this, so I was thrilled when the "majority" of kids were on board.  The Sky View Ferris Wheel arrived to the city quite a while ago and this was our first opportunity to give it a whirl.


I imagine you can deduce who was in the minority.  I'll give you a hint, it's the only child clinging on to me for dear life.




Luckily, she survived just fine and actually enjoyed it.  My little scaredy cat turned brave.





Happily, we ended our "Coca-Cola Coaster" day on the up and up.  My little sweet rotten kids...wouldn't change having them home for the summer for anything!


No comments: