Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pleased As Punch With The Porch

Happy March!  I figured now was as good a time as any to share my new porch, since Spring is hopefully in the air.

I couldn't wait any longer for decent lighting.  It seems it doesn't exist out there.  I would wait for the clouds to part and as soon as they would, I'd get beautiful rays of sunlight which made it near impossible to get a picture without a glare or shadow.

That being said, it's lovely to sit out there, sun or clouds, but not lovely to take pics of.  Oh well, I am still pleased as punch with our new porch!

Without further ado, here it is...

Actually, let me just preface with one thing... this is a small space.  I'm not even going to try to pretend I know the square footage.  But, to get all that I wanted out there I had to be pretty choosy.

When you walk out from our indoor sun room this is basically the view you have.  A table right under your nose and the living space just beyond it.  I HAD to have a table to seat all of us.  We love family dinners outside and I'm looking forward to playing games and crafting there too with the kids.


Once you get past the table, we have a cozy living space.  A couch for hubby to watch TV from and an airy coffee table that he hates.  Again, with the spacing I wanted to keep the table small and "see through".  The aforementioned hated table is from West Elm and the outdoor couch is from Arhaus.

The blue herringbone throw pillows are from Pine Cone Hill.  Once I found these, I knew the previous jute ones {that you may or may not remember from a previous post} were out of here.



Across from the couch are two swivel chairs.  I knew they were perfect when I spotted the pair at Arhaus...compact, swivel, and covered with Sunbrella fabric {just as the couch}.



I tossed these pillows from Serena & Lily on them and added a concrete table between from Joss & Main.  I am tempted to re-do my entire house with Serna & Lily...love!



We added the fireplace and had the brick white washed with the trim color per our contractor's suggestion.  I am so thrilled with the way it turned out.  As you can see, we've already enjoyed a fire or two out there.


The dining table is in full view from the fireplace.  I got the table from Ballards and the two end chairs from Cost Plus World Market.  Both are perfect for outdoors.  I knew because of spacing issues, I could never get away with four more chairs.  So I found two teak benches on Overstock and had cushions made from Cushion Source {highly recommend if you want pillows or cushions made online}.

I had the cushions made with Sunbrella fabric as well.  But as you can see, I'm still too scared to take the wrapper off.  Eek...I'll do it come official Spring.

The beautiful throw is from my sweet mother in law.  Imagine my surprise when this showed up in the mail with a thoughtful note saying...thought this would look pretty on your new porch.  Made me smile from ear to ear.



I found two little outdoor end tables at West Elm.  They just so happened to match my stone table between the swivel chairs.  Since succulents are all the rage right now, I picked these little guys up at Target.

And the rug is an indoor/outdoor from Dash & Albert...another love of mine.



I have been wishing and hoping for a place to put an oyster bowl in my house.  I finally found one!  And although it's actually a clam bowl from Ballards, I am adoring it.


 For extra {and very little space taking} seating I added a couple poofs to the front of the fireplace.  Another find from Target.



But of all the decor, my favorite thing about this space is the detail put into the railing.  I worked very closely with my amazingly creative contractor and we came up with this design and color pattern.  I wanted to keep it simple and clean but make it pop.  In my eyes, mission accomplished.


As you can imagine, we are looking forward to spending Spring, Summer, and Fall out here.  I'm envisioning many happy memories to come.

Now all this decorating and updating has got me itching to take on another project...my poor hubby.


No comments: