Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Sweet Lulu Is FOUR

Just like magic, our sweet baby woke up this morning as a FOUR year old.  How it happened, I can't exactly explain.  All is I know is when I put her to bed last night, she was a wee 3 year old and just like that...POOF...it all changed.

The baby of our family is a FANTASTIC FOUR year old!  Can I cry and smile at that same time?



You know we did not let this momentous occasion pass without a party.  Lucy's big blow out bash was on Saturday.  Pictures to come...I promise!  Prepare to be fancied up.

However, today is Lucy's actual birth date.  The actual day this little sack of sugar {and barrel of spice} emerged into the world.  The day we became a family of 5.  The day that changed my life for the best.  The day that would be the beginning of many laughs.  My precious Lucy arrived this day 4 whole years ago.

It's not hard to see that I have a very sentimental attachment to my children's birthday's.  And although we had celebrated a few days earlier, there is no way I could let August 23rd, 2016 pass without some birthday love.

Per usual I woke Lucy up with a video camera, photo camera, and my lovely singing voice.  She was eating it up.

We headed off to pre-school where her sweet teacher invited me in forsnack time to bring a special birthday treat.  Nothing like getting a little extra birthday time in with my girl.

I was so fearful of the ice cream melting {Lucy's treat request} that I left my camera in the car...boo hoo!  But, I assure you the kiddos were lapping up the ice cream sundae bar.  Yum!

We came home to more sweetness.  Lucy and I baked her birthday cake and decorated it.  All ingredients were chosen by the BiRtHdAy GiRl!  Pink cake...purple icing....and  turquoise and green sprinkles.  That's my girl.



Lucy chose her birthday dinner...scrambled eggs, tomatoes, and strawberries {insert gagging from her brother and sister}.  It was totally worth it though, because dessert looked like this...





Happy Birthday my lovely Lucy!   I can't imagine a more perfect you!

And for nostalgia's sake a few of Lucy's favorite...

color:  pink
book:  Fancy Nancy
food:  scrambled eggs, egg salad, boiled eggs
show: Shimmer & Shine
activity:  puzzles, reading, gymnastics, tennis, ballet

*all from the mouth of my favorite 4 year old*

Stay tuned for party pictures!




1 comment:

Grammy said...

Lucy has a beautiful face and a perfect smile. Gosh, I love this child.