Adjusting to the dark and early morning has had its challenges, but I'd like to think we are all handling it fairly well. The adrenaline rush on day one certainly helped to get us all up and at 'em. No matter what I say about heading back to school, I can't deny the first day has its thrills.
I, of course, propped my pre-schooler, 1st grader, and 3rd grader up on the porch for first day pictures. I'm still loving my "back to school" door hanger...just another touch to get us excited!
Jack and Mags started back bright and early on Monday. Ready or not, here we come Ms. W and Ms.G...
Jack was looking uber studious in his glasses. I seriously haven't seen these things all summer, but come the first day of school, "responsible" Jack cleaned them, packed the case, and even sported them through the front door.
We made sure to arrive bearing gifts for all of our classmates. I think it best to start the school year off with a good first impression. Not to mention, what kiddo doesn't deserve a sweet treat on the first day of school?
I always like to walk my kid's into the building on the first day {surprise, surprise, huh?}. I know its more for me than them, but I can't help but want to see them in their element and give them one more well wish before they conquer a new school year.
Maggie allowed me to walk her right up to her classroom door. Jack, on the other hand, sped up the stairs while throwing a courtesy "goodbye" my way.
On Tuesday, it was this little bugs first day. Love me some Lulu and I have to say she was my saving grace on Monday when the house was just a little too quiet. I'm so glad God game me this little one.
As hard as it was to send her off to pre-school {three days a week this year!}, I really did need to get some things done....just keeping it real.
The best part of the pre-school drop off is you can loiter at the door for a bit without looking too crazy. Lucy strutted right into her classroom without a wince and went right to work playing and making friends. Pure preciousness! I could have stayed forever just watching her had Target not been calling my name.
So I can only imagine how impatient you must be to find out what my "mommy fail" was. Well, here it is...totally forgot grade level chalkboard signs for first day of school pics. So wrong.
We quickly remedied that big ol' mistake {to the dismay of my elementary kiddos} and had a foe first day of school picture session somewhere mid week.
I imagine years down the road they will never remember. Right? And it was still officially the first week of school, that has to count for something.
Still as cute as ever a few very TIRED days into 1st and 3rd grades!












No comments:
Post a Comment