Sunday, August 14, 2016

First Week Finale

One week down and a whole lot more to go.  Nothing is more exhausting than that first week of school though.  Adjusting sleep patterns, learning new routines, meeting new friends and teachers.  Oh, it just makes me tired thinking about it.

That is one of the many reasons why I like to treat my littles to a "Happy First Week of School" goodie.  This tradition got started last year and it brought so much joy, that I just   had to keep it going. 

Keeping in line with the whole school theme I got all three kids backpack hangers {again} but kicked it up a notch and added some cute bookmarks.  Jack was all Harry potter themed {his absolute FAVE read} and the girls had a Beanie Boo theme. 

You can never have too much hanging from your backpack, huh?  And I hope to inspire a whole lot of reading around here with the bookmarks.

My kiddos literally leaped off the bus this Friday in anticipation of their treat.  



In other first week news, all is good, actually GrEaT!  There is nothing better than seeing your kiddos happy with their school situation.  I mean, they do spend the majority of their day there.  Jack isn't one to tell me much, but his smile and excitement about school is all I need.  He is adoring Ms. G and his class.

Maggie is a bit more detailed.  Everything I've heard from her is 100% positive.  That makes me giddy because I have to think that 1st grade transition has potential to be a tough one.

As for Lucy, imagine this, but she has already made a few new "best friends".  She's having a grand time, coming home with sweet art work, and bubbling over with school stories.

In celebration of the first week, our school held a Saturday morning playdate.    The kids loved seeing their friends, old teachers, and devouring snow cones and doughnuts.

Somehow I managed to walk out of there with three extra kids.  The things they can talk me into.  The playdate continued on at our house...talk about lots of "finale" fun.











Now we are ramping up for week two.  If it's anything as good as the first, I imagine we will all be HaPpY!!

Just wish me luck waking up at o'dark thirty tomorrow...ugh!


No comments: