It's hard to believe, but I've only been to the World of Coke one other lowly time in my life. When I saw it on Maggie's summer list this year, I couldn't help but wonder...why? We aren't big Coke drinkers, I didn't even know she had heard of it, and well, once again, ...why?
She didn't have a big explanation except for that she wanted to "try Coke". Well, we can do that at the local fast food joint if that's all you want. But, no, no, no, she would not budge on this one.
So off we went to the World Of Coke, with very little expectations. {so little, Jack opted to stay home while Daddy worked...he predicted it to be that BoRiNg}.
As most things do, it actually exceeded my expectations. There was just enough for my little girls to thoroughly enjoy and an equal amount to bore them. Considering my prior expectations that was a huge WIN.
The WOC was pleasantly uncrowded. We popped right in and hardly dealt with any crowds or lines.
As you can imagine, right upon entry we were offered a Coke. Maggie was just about beside herself. Her time had finally come.
She must of teeter tottered with the idea of actually giving this mystery drink a taste test for over half an hour. Finally she took the plunge and guess what?...Maggie likes it. {totally to my dismay, of course}
We were ushered into the loft where we were given a short greeting and history by one of the staff. From there we headed right onto the theater to view the "Happiness Movie". Yes, it was really called that and rightfully so. Who knew a Coke movie could actually solicit tears of joy from me? And I'm not even kidding. It was such a pick me up.
We stepped out into the light and immediately caught sight of the Coca-Cola Polar Bear. The girls wasted no time hopping in the line to meet him. I'm still so confused as to why his eyes are red. That has always bothered me...anyone else?
From there we were off to freely explore.
Some highlights of our visit included sitting on the original American Idol couch...
...the 4D movie experience...
...and the most popular, the taste testing room. The girls tried a drink form every continent and in the end each found a favorite. Maggie liked "Joy" from Kenya in Asia and Lucy liked Powerade from North America...go figure. I could hardly blame her some of the drinks were pretty nasty.
We casually hopped around the history exhibits and the bottling exhibit. This would be just about the time the girls lost interest. That was a-okay with me. A few hours at WOC is just enough.
We exited through the gift shop {isn't that convenient}. We managed to get out of there with only a quick modeling session from Lucy. Although, I must admit, the Coke paraphernalia is mighty impressive. Seriously, they have thought of everything.
Outside the girls insisted on a chance to be the photographer, they must have been well over being my subjects. So, they had me pose with my Coke bottle and we had a good ol' time.
This is one of my faves {I happily deleted the rest when they weren't looking...I mean, who needs solo shots? I certainly don't}. But, if you look closely enough you can see little Lu's reflection photographing away in my sunglasses. Now, that's a keeper.
And summer keeps trucking right along...












No comments:
Post a Comment