What would a Cibula summer be without lots of Legos? I knew the Legoland Discovery Center would make it onto somebody's summer list and I was right.
In an effort to knock one more item off of those lists {and of course, have fun} we grabbed an extra buddy and made our way to the best place in town to find lots of Legos.
Surprisingly, the experience was almost like new. Hard to believe since we've visited about umpteen times. But we found they have made a few nice changes since our last visit. One being a new 4D Lego movie...finally!
Some things remain the same and are still fan favorites...like Miniland. Once again, we found ourselves in amazement at the replicas of the city hallmarks all made out of Legos. Seriously incredible.
This visit, I found our crew making a long pit stop at the Test Track. Makes me wonder if I should pull out that old racetrack I had made for Jack's Lego birthday party eons ago. {yes, we still have it, just can't find it in me to let it go}
There was some meticulous building going on and some serious racing.
The pink Lego Friends area is always a fun photo op for the girls. Maggie has a book about each of the characters and has managed to memorize each girl's name and their hobbies. I love that Lego offers something for even the girliest girls.
One of the other aforementioned changes was Pirate Island. A huge upgrade from the previous play structure. This one is a full blown Pirate themed indoor playground complete with a ship, cannons, and a water system containing Lego boats. It is much more interactive and even kept the big kiddos interested.
Another huge plus...you keep your shoes on...no more $4 socks.
We followed our Lego-tastic visit with a 50's diner lunch with milkshakes {and a stop at the Lego store}. Can't beat that kind of Summer List day.
Since our visit, I officially have two Lego maniacs on my hands. Maggie hasn't taken a break from her Lego Friends Rockstar Stage, which mind you, she built 90% by herself...can't lie Jack did come to the rescue in a jam.
In other news, I am in the process of giving my garage a giant makeover. It's only fair that I knock a few things of my summer list too. And speaking of list, just wait until you see what Lucy has planned for us...











No comments:
Post a Comment