Friday, February 5, 2016

We {Heart} Our Friends

Popping back in to give you a glimpse of how we plan to shower our friends with Valentine love.

As I mentioned, all three kids chose a different Valentine.  I have to admit what they chose was very suited to their individual personalities.

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I grabbed all of the printables online.  All I had to do was shop and assemble with my trio {which may sound easier than it actually was}.

Jack chose these hilarious Whoopee Cushion Cards.  I found the whoopee cushions on Zulily...something like 24 for $6.00.  The printable came from Dixie Delights {which is well worth checking out!}



I opted to roll them as opposed to leaving them flat thinking that might deter the kids from using right there on the spot.  I am hoping Ms.Y doesn't disown Jack and me after this.

Maggie chose a heart crayon Valentine.  Now we have done this in the past.  I did everything I could to steer her away.  But she was not budging.  Maggie adores art and there was no better way in her eyes to share the love.


As cute as they are, they are a PAIN.  I will say, doing only one class set this year wasn't so bad.  We peeled crayons basically until our fingers gave out.  Then we broke them up and placed them in a heart tray mold.  They cook/melt on 250 for about 8 minutes.  After they cool you pop them out.

I got the mold off of Amazon and the printable from I Heart Nap Time {another fun blog worth checking out}.

As for Lucy she went a bit sassy...imagine that!  She wanted glow sticks, which I admit I was super happy about.  A package of 8 for $1 at Dollar Tree.  We grabbed some purple and pink ones and went to assembling.  This became a bit of a challenge with a 3 year old.  Many a glow sticks got activated prematurely.

Not to mention, we had a lot of ripped cards even though I cut the slits very meticulously at the top and bottom.  Big brother helped her "sign" each of them.


This printable also came from  I Heart Nap Time.

The Cibula kiddos are more than ready for Valentine shindigs at school! We've only got about a week to go...

xoxo





No comments: