Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Love Around The World

I just spent the sweetest afternoon with my favorite Kindergartener.  Ms.R & Ms.G planned the most adorable Valentines centers themed "Love Around the World".  I mean who knew so many countries celebrated Valentines in so many different ways?  We are talking snowflake love poems, bay leaves under the pillow, and well wishes hanging off of tree branches.

Interesting stuff.

My country was Wales.  Apparently they give each other wooden spoons as a sign of love and friendship. Hmmm?  The K kids at my table painted and decorated their own spoons to bring home.  It was a ginormous mess, but a lot of fun.

I was so busy manning the plethora of paint that I hardly got a decent picture of Maggie.  She was bouncing from country to country while I was profusely baby wiping my hands to remove the pink, white, and red staining..

I did however snag a few from my phone.  All the kiddos were dressed in Valentine colors per Ms.R's request...it was darling and definitely brought back some memories from my days in the classroom.





I seriously get giddy with excitement when I am in that room.  So much fun and learning going on.  It's truly an inspiring place to be.

Oh, {sigh}, I do miss teaching.  Thankfully I still have one more Kindergartner to go!




No comments: