We've just returned from a long MLK Jr weekend in Nashville. Now I'm not one to usually hit the road running on this particular weekend. But, when my cousin invited me and the kids up for her daughter's birthday party, I could hardly resist...for two reasons.
One, I adore my family and two, I am a boot-scootin' country gal at heart and there is no where I'd rather visit than Music City {oh and Texas}.
I solicited Grandma's help, left Daddy at home for a restful weekend, and the five of us hit the road.
Sweet little Morgan was turning 5 years old {she's wedged right between my girls}. She had her party at the amazing Adventure Science Center. This was our first stop fresh from the interstate. She couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for the cold wintry day.
Oh did I mention GG met us there too! It was like a "D" family reunion. So much fun!
Per usual she was up to stunts that I hardly see any 80 year old attempting. My kids were loving it!
I was so pumped to see my cousin Joe. I swear we are kindred spirits. He is the true essence of a country gentleman {can you tell?} and I LOVE it!
After playing around and mingling with family, we headed into the party room to celebrate the birthday girl. There was a fascinating science demo {and I'm not just saying that} and yummy cupcakes too.
From there we headed to dinner with the family before checking into our hotel. I booked a hotel downtown via Expedia. Little did I know it was the finest hotel in town and somehow we were given the club level. What?!?! I swear we are not that important {nor did I pay that much}. However, I can't deny I was digging the upgrade.
The kids just about went nuts over the view from the top floor!! That's floor #25 if you are wondering.
And the heated indoor pool.
We spent the rest of our weekend trip checking out a few of the sights and sounds of Nashville. Now how had I full control over the agenda we would have been hitting every honky tonk and country music museum in town. Unfortunately, I did not have that power {and I had three tikes with me}.
So, we checked out some other sights in downtown and of course visited Opryland! The kids would have stayed in the pool ALL DAY had I let them. But, once they saw all that Nashville had to offer they were up for the sight seeing.
We took a little cruise boat tour. This is the picture I had a passenger take with my camera.
This is the picture they wanted to sell me for $20. When I got busted snapping a picture of it I knew I had to buy it. Ugh! I'm the proud owner of two of these dockside boat pictures.
Mmmm....love me some "D" family and love me some Nashville, TN! Now we are gearing back up for a school week. Thanks MLK for a nice long weekend {among other things:)}




















No comments:
Post a Comment