Saturday, January 23, 2016

Half A Snow Day

Half of a snow day is better than no snow day at all, right?

The kids got an early dismissal this Friday afternoon.  I have to admit I was a bit skeptical that we would see any snow at all.  However, everything we had planned for Friday evening was canceled.  No basketball game, no Father/Daughter dance {boo hoo!}.  I started to think that just maybe there was some merit to the snowcast if everyone was going to this extreme.

Late late Friday night brought a few flurries our way, but nothing seemed to be sticking.  By Saturday morning we were all pretty impressed with the semi-white wonderland that awaited us outdoors.

If nothing else, it was an excuse to don our new snow gear that we recently purchased for our February vacation.  It seems everything is snow proof just as it was advertised!  Maggie refused to put on her snow pants.  I'm going to assume they were not fashionable enough.  I'm hoping she gets over that come February.

By the time I suited up and grabbed my camera Jack had scooted off to a friend's house to work on his Derby car for Boy Scouts.  However, I grabbed a few shots of these snow bunnies...








Aren't those sweet girls SNOW yummy? {sorry I just couldn't resist the pun}  Stay warm sweet friends!




No comments: