Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

I spent another glorious Mother's Day being the mommy of this stunning trio.

Daddy let me snooze in for a bit while he had breakfast duties, one of my favorite gifts.  But, seeing how it was Mother's Day and the whole point is to celebrate being a mother, I couldn't stay away too long.

How could I?  Look what I had waiting for me...



I was generously greeted with shouts of "Happy Mother's Day", loving hugs and kisses, all followed by my motherly duties.  Hair to fix, bows to tie, snacks to make, shoes to put on, and a car to be loaded up.

I couldn't let my sweet things escape an annual Mother's Day photo op though.  In truth, they are the real reason I get to celebrate today.



To my lovely Lucy,  you are the sunshine in my every day.  You are funny, happy, and always on the go.  You bring so much laughter and smiles to our family.  There is no doubt in my mind, that three is truly the charm.



To my Maggie, my Maggie, you made me a girl mommy for the first time and I have loved every diva-ish minute of it.  You are full of love, snuggles, and pure sweetness.  I know just where to go when I need some lovin'. 



And to my Monkey Jack,  you have lived up to your name in every way.  You are smart, kind, and my right hand man.  Everyday you do something to make me proud that you are my son.  Thank you for making me a Mommy for the first time. 



After I finished doting all over my sweet kids, we met Grandma at Mass and followed it with an absolutely delish brunch.  I had to smile when Maggie told us all, "I don't want to go to brunch, I don't like my breakfast and lunch mixed together".  Oh, my sweet Maggie.





As you can imagine, Maggie recovered just fine when she saw the food wasn't actually mixed together".  But, even more so when she saw the delectable dessert bar.



Nothing was more rewarding than sitting across from this cute thing.  Watching her in pure bliss with her ice cream was a gift in itself.



We showered grandma with her Mother's Day gifts, because she is an amazing Grandma after all.  She happily, had three little helpers by her side.



Then it was my turn.  I too was doused with help...



...and the sweetest homemade gifts.  This one has already made the playroom wall.



These are the things that take my breath away and melt my heart.  I love being your Mommy, Jack, Maggie, and Lucy.  xoxo



And I would be remiss if I didn't share a few of Jack's outtakes.  He loves to get his hands on my camera.  And when he does, somehow he always captures something that I can't resist {in between my pleading with him to not drop the camera}.  So here are a few of Jack's outtakes, from the eyes of my favorite 7 year old...






Happy Mother's Day to all you marvelous Momma's out there!  The hardest and most rewarding job in the world.  There is nothing else I'd rather call myself.




1 comment:

Tanya said...

LOVE these pictures!