In all my nearly 17 years of kids and playgrounds {that includes teaching years and my own kiddos}, I have never seen the likes of this.
Jack got a wood chip lodged in his shoe....
Not only lodged, but piercing straight through the sole into the heel of his foot. Ouch.
When I got the call from Jack's school clinic today to say a wood chip came through his shoe and pierced through to his heel, I had to take a moment to check my calendar and make sure it wasn't April 1st. Really? That seems utterly impossible. This I had to see to believe.
The nurse went on to tell me all about the excessive bleeding, the pain he was in, and the measures that were taken. And I must proudly add, she noted not a tear drop or scream from by brave boy.
He took the rest of the day off from school and sadly will be missing his baseball playoff game tomorrow night. As of right now, we are just doing our best to keep it clean and bandaged. Not much you can do for a severely bruised and punctured heel, except for rest.
Freak incident at it's finest.
Oh, and Jack refuses to wear those tennis shoes again for fear "another wood chip may come in through that same hole". Can't say I blame him.



No comments:
Post a Comment