Thursday, May 22, 2014

More Of The End

It's a race to the end of the school year and extra curricular activities around here.  And this week did not slow down in the celebrating department.  We aren't even officially to summer vacation yet, but I feel the end coming on.

I'm still trying to figure this one out, but we had Jack's end of school year party on Monday.  Yet, school isn't out until Friday.  The kids certainly didn't notice and I'm assuming the teachers liked the break up of the week.  Somehow it worked.

So picture this, five Kindergarten classes headed outdoors to celebrate as a grade level.  It was crazy...but, a lot of fun.  It took three party moms from each class to get this extravaganza underway.  Of course, I loved being one of those.

However, I must note, for the very first time, Jack said, {as kindly as he could}, "mommy quit following me".  I must also note I didn't take it personally seeing as how just a few weeks ago he told me how much he loved that I was "the mommy that was always in his classroom and helped with things".

Instead I trotted back to man my dance party station.  Ironically, I got stuck with the only station my child would have absolutely no interest in.

I was still able to grab a couple glimpses of him has he buzzed by on occasion.  I assume this is proof enough he was having a grand ol' time.






Mid-week we found ourselves graduating from a year of gymnastics.  I say 'graduating' lightly, we still have intentions of attending over the summer.

My girls each got their moment in the spotlight at the close of their respective classes.



Little Lu's class went first.  She got a ribbon and sunglasses with the gym logo printed on them.  I found it extra special cute that she chose pink.

And if you are wondering how Lucy tumbles in that dress-we just do a little tuck into her bloomers and she is good to go.



Lucy's coaches were awesome, as always.  Coach Todd has coached all three of my kiddos at some point or another.  He adores toddlers and they adore him.



Then it was the big kid's turn.  Maggie got a shiny star medal.  And it goes without mentioning, pink sunglasses for her too.



Maggie has some seriously funtastic coaches.  Not to mention patience.  If you've ever seen Maggie's stubborn side, you know what I mean.  She doesn't get away with it in there and I love that!



And before closing out the week, I hit up Jack's school one last time for his class play.  It was a little rendition of The Hungry Caterpillar.  And let me tell you, it was precious. I was doing double duty on the video and camera, so I'm lacking a bit in the picture department.



The real show stealer was the ahhhmazing slideshow put together by Jack's teacher.  Talk about a tear jerker.  Between those chubby baby faces at the beginning of the year and the song lyrics she chose, I was practically sobbing.

Oh my, we are going to miss Kindergarten and Ms.S and Ms. H.

And that leaves us with tomorrow....the real end...last day of school here we come!


No comments: