My bag of tricks is running low. I did, however, get them out yesterday while the roads allowed it. Daddy handled shift one and took Jack to see The Lego Movie while the girls napped. Then I followed that up with taking my princess Maggie to see Frozen {yes, again}. It was the Sing Along version this time though. {That's how I rationalized it anyway.} Maggie dressed the part...princess apparel and all. By the time we left the theater the temperatures were most definitely frigid.
And that brings us to today...the real ice day. We've been inside for the majority of our waking hours. So far, so good. Tomorrow {day 2} will be the test of how well my walls can withstand 3 cabin fevered kiddos {and more than likely, two parents as well}.
And speaking of walls, I managed to get three giant pictures of Lucy's walking session hung today on the office walls. Love them. It seems an ice day has productive perks.
And although, I did love seeing my new pictures up on display, my favorite part of the day was playing a game of Poppa's Pizza Topple with Rapunzel. Who can say they did that in an ice storm?
To curb any restlessness that may have been on the horizon, Daddy organized an indoor game of baseball with Jack in the basement. Yes, those french doors are still miraculously intact.
Post naps, the girl's decided to brave the elements and head outside for a bit. I just didn't think I had it in me. It was sleeting, after all. So Daddy took them out and I grabbed the camera and hung at the cozy front door.
Except for...I dropped my camera on the mudroom tile floor and now it won't work. I am beyond devastated {enough said}. So these are from my iphone.
This may be all I've got for a few, unless I get to a repair shop pronto {which isn't looking like it's going to happen}. We still have power though, so I suppose I'll go count my blessings.





No comments:
Post a Comment