We can find any excuse to celebrate around here. And Valentine's Day is no exception. Most especially after being on lock down for three days.
We heated this place up with some cookie baking {pre-camera fatality}. While I've lost one baker to old age and 'legos are more entertaining', I've gained another in Lucy. This was her first Love Day baking session and let's just say, we loved having her in the mix.
Lucy is a quick learner. Or possibly unaware that she is two and a half years younger than her big sis. Because whatever Maggie does...Lucy must do too. This is one of the reasons we've had no problem getting a bow in this little one's hair.
Lucy is absolutely enamored with her big sister. Nothing like a little love on this day of, well, love. And what makes it even sweeter?...this little hug was not prompted by anyone. {sigh}
After all the mixing, rolling and cutting, it was time for the good stuff. Decorating runs a close second to the girl's favorite part of baking.
But, if I had to guess, eating the sweet treats would take first. Yum!
When Valentine's Day arrived my littles awoke to their "We Love" doors. I could have gone on forever and ever but I maxed them at 6. I just adore seeing their sweet faces when they hear all the things we love about them.
This was Jack's door...I find the "do not enter" sign ironically amusing.
Maggie's door....
And Lulu's door...
Beaming, as they should, the kids headed downstairs to find Valentine baskets waiting for each of them in the kitchen. I don't have any pictures, {that was before my rented camera}, and they have been excitedly ripped into by this point. But, as you can imagine, Maggie's was filled with lots of princess loot, Jack's with animal goodies, and Lucy's with a coveted Elmo toothbrush among other things.
The best part for me was their sincere gratitude and all the ooey gooey loving that followed it.
When the ice cleared, for the most part anyway, Maggie and I headed out for her only day of school this week. But, not before we made a quick stop to drop off our broken camera and rent another. Before you judge, we have big plans this weekend, and the iphone wasn't going to cut it.
It was a happy day at school, being Valentine Party Day and all. I was one of the party mom's and let me just tell you, my Maggie was glued to me. She truly adores me as I do her. She even thanked me after the party for letting her sit with on me during the game and story. Sweet girl.
Maggie enjoyed a red snack, heart art work, and a game of Valentine Bingo that I ran. And wouldn't you know, Maggie's favorite part was the game. See I told you she loved me.
{I tested out my newly rented camera {it's a beaut}, but I really have very little clue how to use it.}
So that wraps up our lovely day. I am really looking forward to this weekend. I couldn't have planned the timing better if I tried...this family of ours has got some serious cabin fever.
Until then...
xoxo and Happy Valentine's Day!









No comments:
Post a Comment