The fourth was a wash out this year. Pretty much anything we had planned either got postponed or all together canceled.
I did however get the kiddos outside for some festive pictures {thank goodness for the covered porch-new to this year} and we also made it to my Aunt and Uncle's annual cook out post naps. Not too bad for a soggy fourth.
I woke the bigs with star bangled pinwheels and wished them a hearty "Happy 4th of July". By their reactions, you would have thought they each had won a shopping spree to a toy store. Plus it gave them a good excuse to come outside with me for a couple festive pictures. I waited to present Lucy with her mini American flag after breakfast in hopes that she would be full. No such luck. Naturally, she just wanted to gnaw on it.
And although that covered porch worked in my little Americans favor, I was dripping by the time it was over.
Getting a picture of little Miss Independence is becoming more of a challenge. She is either crawling away or chewing on something or in this case, both...
There was a very brief intermission in the rain once we arrived at the cook out. Of course, all my kiddos wanted to do was jump in the pool as fast they could. It didn't take long for them to realize that the rain had dropped the temperature to that of an ice bucket. Jack shivered, but tried to push through it, Maggie sported purple lips, and Lucy didn't complain, but I knew she had to be miserable.
I tried to keep Lucy poolside, but she would have nothing of it. If the bigs were in, you better believe that's where she wanted to be too.
I did, however, make Lu sit it out as long as she would allow. I just had to enjoy her festive suit one last time. I almost had to grease her up to get that thing on her. My how baby girl has grown in the last two months.
And try as I may, I can not get enough of Maggie in her goggles. Is that hilariously adorable, or what?
But, as odd as it may seem, this may be my favorite picture...Jack
Happy 4th from our little firecrackers to yours. God Bless America!






3 comments:
eek!! I just saw your new blog header, it looks aweeeessomeee!! ive been viewing your blog in freedly, which is like google reader, so I cant see the layout unless i actually click to view the blog in a new window.
Love it. And can I just say your kids are almost to cute for words. Geez!! luuuuuu - and their outfits, so cute.
Happy 4th Cibulas! A wave of nostalgia swept over me when I saw sweet Lucy in her stars & stripes. Remembering EK & Maggie in their matching outfits a few years back. I love your patriotic kiddos!
Soooo cute! I love the waking them up with flags and "twirly" things (can't remember what they are called!). I will have to remember that idea for sure!
Would you PLEASE share with me what our favorite toddler clothing stores are?! I have a few shops here in town but I'd like to get a few things personalized and love your style! Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks and hope to see you again soon!
Post a Comment