Tuesday, January 1, 2013

RInging In Two Thousand 13


I once heard that New Years Eve is when parents live it up...until about 10:00 pm.  Well, that is partly true for us.  Except we didn't even make it until 10:00.

We did however have our own little celebration and were up later than usual.  The venue was our backyard.  The guests were Clay, Jack, Maggie, and me {little Lu was already in dream land}.  And the "living it up" included smore's and fireworks.

Possibly one of my favorite New Years Eve's to date.  {and this where Daddy deserves props--it was all his plan AND he did all of the shopping}.

Jack also said it was, "his favorite New Years evvvver"! *smile*   And then he recanted and said, "well, actually, 2014 probably will be, because Lucy will be with us too".  *even bigger smile*

Maggie enjoyed her family and the sweet treats, wasn't so sure about the fire and fireworks, and then turned in by 8:15.

Jack, however, stayed up until "midnight".  Luckily for me, he doesn't know that midnight is 12:00 am.  He's got the clock and time to the hour pretty figured out, so if he had, my little white lie wouldn't have worked.  He went to bed happily, all the while thinking he made it until 2013 {unlike his sisters}.  I'm not a big advocate of lying to my kids, but the bounce in his step {all the way up to his bedroom} was so worth it.


Daddy gave the all important lesson on roasting marshmallows.  Love our new fire pit from Grammy and Grampa.



I have no fears of Maggie growing up to be a pyromaniac.  One worry to mark off of my list.




Yum...the reward of smore's was so worth it.  Even the mess that Maggie had me clean off of her hands after each bite.




And wouldn't you know my camera ran out of batteries right at the start of the show?  How I wish I had a picture of Jack dancing around with his sparklers.  I made a mental click {I refuse to ever forget that...adorable!}

Maggie tetter tottered with the idea of holding a sparkler, but got cold feet at the hand off every time.  Probably a good thing.  My fleece has a giant burn hole in it from the one {yes, it only took one} sparkler I did. Yikes...didn't know those things were so dangerous.  Thank goodness this was New Years Eve and not the 4th of July and I was fully robed.




Happy Two Thousand 13 to everyone.  I hope you were able to "live it up" with the ones you love too!




No comments: