I thought I should explain where I've been lately. {in case you are wondering}
Well, I started reading again.
If you know me, you know that's my addiction {along with Dancing With The Stars and The Bachelor}. That's my morning cup of coffee. My glass of wine. For those of you who can relate on that level.
I know I've returned to some sense of normalcy when I can read a novel again. It took nearly 5 months, but I'm here.
So what's gracing my night stand these days? The Scent of Rain and Lighting by Nancy Pickard.
Okay, this where I must admit, that I started this book at the beginning of my Lucy pregnancy {yes, not lying}. Stopped because of the nausea. Started again mid pregnancy. Stopped again because of the construction. Started again at the end of my pregnancy. And stopped, yet again, because of the unbearable exhaustion.
And that's when that nightmare thought of, "I'm never going to be able to read a novel again" starting creeping back into my head. So I stuffed it in a drawer and gave up.
That thought was put to rest about 2 weeks ago. I started the novel again...with a fresh mind and finished it without stopping.
And it was good. Really good. There was a moment that I thought this is too predictable. Oh, but was I wrong. Crazy twist at the end. The kind where I popped right up off of my pillow.
Do I recommend it? Yes, for sure.
And speaking of recommendations. Thanks Erin. I think it was about two years ago {pitiful, huh?}. I'm back on the wagon though.

1 comment:
I'm glad life is returning to "somewhat" normal. I'm going to take your recommendation and read the book,
Post a Comment