Sunday, January 6, 2013

Eighteen


Eighteen days of winter break {aka no school} has nothing on us.  

I have loved having my kids home.  I seriously mean that.  I am mourning tomorrow when Jack is back to his "real world".  

He is ready.  I could see that yesterday.  But selfishly, I feel like it's going to be the first day of Kindergarten all over for me {and Maggie}. Even Lucy has gotten use to the extra little voice around here. *sniff sniff*

We had a great time though.  We stayed very busy, whether at home or away.  The holidays and family certainly filled a lot of the time.  But, so did our other just "being a regular family" activities.  

We went to Catch Air {per Maggie's request}, Lego Land {per Jack the lego maniac's request}, the library, to get haircuts, the Doughnut shop, and the Dollar Store.  We had two all boy playdates and one sleep over with Sophia.  We even pulled out Mommy's January teaching box and made snowmen art and read lots of winter books.

And then we entertained ourselves with the simplicity of home...

The kids loved bubble baths in our big tub.  They even took a few showers in our bathroom.  They sprayed each other with the hand held spout, screamed and giggled...until it got a bit out of control....expected.




We played outside as much as we could {we had dreary weather for dayyyys}. So the opportunites were few and far between.  But when we did, we especially enjoyed trying out our new gifts from Santa.  I even got to try mine out...a new zoom lens!  Woo hoo!





Maggie played lots of dress up.  Like this day when she dressed up for the rain, but never actually went out in it.  All that work getting suited up wore her out, I guess.



When Jack wasn't doing Legos, he was doing science experiments.  This was his paper mache volcano that really erupted with vinegar and baking soda.



Lucy got to try out her new activity center {thanks Uncle Mike!}.  She is still trying to figure out how to operate it, but she definitely loves a new place to be.  Especially since she is almost in standing position {just about another inch}. I threatened the big kids that I was going to get each of them one for Christmas next year...since they COULD NOT keep their hands off of it.  



And yes, Maggie is dressed up, once again.



Okay, so I've started my countdown until our next school break.  MLK, JR Day...15 days away...




No comments: