Friday, November 16, 2012

A Thankful Smile


Today...I am thankful for a smile.  A smile that I will never forget.  A smile that warmed my heart.  A smile that made me really happy to be Jack's mommy.

Clay, Maggie and I attended Jack's Thanksgiving Program and Feast.  It was great fun to be in his school {not just outside of it dropping him off}.   To see where he spends the majority of his time these days now that he's a big Kindergarten kid {sniff sniff}.  To watch him interact with his classmates and teachers.  

But, most importantly to soak in that precious smile.  That smile that covered his face when he saw me for the first time.  I will never forget it.  

You see, Jack is my growing boy of few words {key word being boy}.  Emotional words.  Words that explain how he feels, what he is thinking and what's going on daily.  He's more about action.

I've learned to accept this and try my hardest to understand his way of expressing himself.

Well, today I understood.  That one little boyish grin said it all.  He loves me...a lot.  He was touched that I was there, at his school.  He was proud that I am his Mommy.  And he knows that he is loved beyond words.

For that one little smile...I will always be thankful.  {this just might be my favorite Thanksgiving ever}

I love you j bird.



I love Maggie's little fingers in this picture just waiting to cause trouble.



No, my Kindergarten kid was not in trouble here.  He was just sitting along the wall waiting for his classes turn {in awful lighting, as are all these pictures}.



Check out Jack's turkey moves.  Oh, how I wish I had a zoom lens {ding ding ding...Christmas idea my darling hubby}



The best Thanksgiving feast ever.  So envious of Jack's "packed" lunch.



We tried....but, at least it's proof we were there.



My favorite Thanksgiving turkey.  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammy said...
What a handsome turkey!