I am happy to announce that one room in our house is finally complete. And that is Maggie's big girl room. Her very pinkilicious big girl room that is.
Mags has been such a trooper in this process. The process has been a good 6 week one too. It started with the arrival of her bedding, then most of her furniture was delivered {but sat in holding until her bed from another vendor was delivered and set up}, we waited patiently on her back ordered rug, her room finally got painted {again more waiting--we wanted the rest of the house to be paint ready first}, and finally her curtains were picked up from the seamstress and hung {along with her table skirt and bed skirt}. Whew..that was a process.
But, absolutely worth every minute of waiting and wishing. Maggie's room is heavenly {just like her}. I joke that it is the one room in the house that I don't want to leave. That's either due to the construction everywhere else in my house or the fact that it is just so lovely and...well, pink. And my, how I love pink.
However, I must admit that I did try to convince Maggie that we should go with green paint on her walls, but she insisted on pink. I couldn't argue with that sweet face. So pink it was and I crossed my fingers tight. And yes, it is very pink, but Maggie was right...us pink lovers, think it is absolutely divine.
There was no grace period with Maggie's big girl bed. Nope, she came home from school one Tuesday afternoon and there it was. Bye, bye baby bed. We did forewarn her, but not sure how much she was getting. Either way, she was ecstatic. She was giggling and bouncing from one end to the other. And believe it or not, she napped super that first day.
So here is proof of that nearly two month process...she's got her new bed and bedding. But...poor girl was still sporting her nursery yellow walls {not to mention her nursery curtains...that was an interesting look for a few weeks--it was starting to scare me how used to it I was getting}
But finally, it all came together. I ordered her duvet from Serena and Lily, but had her table skirt and curtains custom made. Her bed skirt was also custom made and is a precious pink and green polka dot. Wish you could see it. Her big "M" pillow is from Pottery Barn Kids. And underneath that damask duvet are soft pink sheets.
We took the white glider out and put it in the new nursery, it was just too big {not to mention I need a rocker for those late night feedings...ugh}. But I found another downsized white chair. The pillow was made by the same seamstress who did the other work in her room {if you need a seamstress, let me know, she is fabulous, I've used her a lot}. That pink/green polka dot fabric on the pillow is also the bedskirt fabric. The little pictures on the wall are frames from Michaels and a few fabric swatches I collected on the way as I tried to design Maggie's room. I love the shabby chic feel they give the room. The white iron curtain rod is from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child.
Excuse the awful color on this picture. But, if you can't tell, her book shelf is a distressed antique white {from the same local store as her dresser below}, and her little basket covers are green with white polka dots. Those are from Pottery Barn Kids as well. The pictures above and the mirror below are from one of my favorite local home boutiques. {and I adore how my Maggie had to hang up her plastic jewelry on the bird jewelry tree above...such a girly girl}
And here is the lovely pink dresser that I fell in love with the moment I laid eyes on it. I wrestled if whether I could get away with it while all of the other pinks in the room were so light. But, I took the plunge and am so happy I did. It is such a charming piece and looks great in Maggie's room.
If you can't tell in the pictures, you will just have to trust me on the above. And here is that rug we waited 6 weeks on. Finally, my baby girl has a soft place to play.
And the final detail I will share with you. I'm always trying to jazz up those awful bi-fold doors. This did the trick, don't you think?
Next on the agenda...get Jack moved into his new giant room, move Mommy and Daddy downstairs to our half complete room, and get the nursery set up in baby's room. And all of this is scheduled for Friday of this week!
So ready to be settled again one day.





3 comments:
WOW!!!! LOVE it! I can't even pick out a favorite part. It's amazing!! I can't wait to see it in person.
Maggie's room is adorable-everything a girlie-girl could wish for.
Love, love, love it! It's perfect. What color did you use on the walls? That's the perfect pink. That pink dresser looks great in there!
Post a Comment