Where did the past four years go? I feel like it was just a short while ago that I was wrestling with the decision of where I would send my first born to pre-school. Four years and so many amazing memories later, Jack is saying goodbye to the "yellow school".
I am definitely a bit heart sick. It is so incredible to watch your little ones grow, but it is also so hard to send them off to a new chapter of life. Geez, what will I do when he graduates from high school one day? Why does this letting go thing have to be so hard?
Jack has grown so much this year, academically and socially. Sometimes I actually think more in this 4 year old year than any combination of the others. We started the school year with a typical boy, one who had little to no interest in a writing utensil to a kid who finds any and everything he can to write words on.
Jack has managed to make the construction around here his best friend in more ways than one. Any cardboard box or plastic sealed off door is labeled with Jack's list of words {most of which are superheroes}. He's recognizing words everywhere we go and is reading simple text. This kiddo has taken off.
And when he brought home his school journals, I reveled in the progress he had made from September to May. It was amazing! So much so, he took one look at his September journal entry and in a disgusted voice declared, "I didn't do that". So as much as I wish I could confine him to the safety and love at a tiny pre-school, it's time for him to take off to the "big kid school". Jack says he is ready with a giant grin. {Mommy is still working on that one.}
On Thursday evening we had the pleasure of celebrating his 4 years of accomplishments at his Pre-school Graduation. And as much as I thought I would cry through the entire program, I actually spent many, many moments smiling. I definitely fought back some serious tears, but Jack's infinite glow helped to keep my emotions in check.
Jack's grin was a mile wide on that stage, and rightfully so. See what I mean about that glow?
Very proud parents! {and though I know this is not about me, I must confess, I realized a few pictures ago that I was sporting a Crystal Gayle hair do, Yikes! really need a haircut...so I pulled it back for graduation thinking it might help, clearly not, then I scheduled a babysitter and a hair appointment}
We enjoyed a juice and cookie reception that followed the program {post bedtime}. I think both kids were wired by this point. So much to be happy about!
We are so lucky that Grandma is close enough to celebrate all of these wonderful moments with us now! I know Jack loves it!
Best buddies from 4 months old to a 4 year old graduation. That is pretty amazing. Congratulations little grads!
Jack, we are so very proud of you and can't wait to celebrate many more graduations with you!





1 comment:
Congrats to Jack! The caps make it so over the top cute...Yay, for Grandma!
Post a Comment