I have several excuses for my recent hiatus from the blog. I still love this place and long for it. It's my release, my moment at the end of the day to exhale, a little vacation of sorts for me. So please don't take my absence as anything permanent.
But, like I said I have lots of excuses, I could bore you with the construction drama or all the other little big things that are consuming my life right now, but I'll share the most fun excuse I have...a magical week long vacation at Disney World. {so magical that Clay and I decided we won't be needing any more magic for a few years} It was one of those vacations where you come home needing a vacation and about 24 hours of sleep.
You know when you come home that worn out you had an amazing time. But, more importantly the kids did to. Space Ranger Jack could not get enough of the Toy Story excitement. He met Buzz, Woody, and a green Army man. He rode Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios twice and the Buzz ride at Magic Kingdom three times. We ate and played at Pizza Planet and pretty much bought every Toy Story souvenir the gift shops had to offer.
Princess Maggie fell in love with the Disney Princesses. Belle being number one on her list. Maggie ate dinner with the Princesses twice. Once in Norway at Epcot and then again at Cinderella's castle. She was covered in Princess kisses and ate up every minute of the individual attention. {Jack believed if he closed his eyes the princesses wouldn't see him--he is very anti-princess}. Maggie even saw a Broadway presentation of Beauty And The Beast at Hollywood Studios. Her eyes did not leave the stage. She came home with lots of Princess pictures and her very own cherished Belle doll {my dear Maggie has done a number on poor Belle's hair with the comb that came along with her}
Between Toy Story and Princesses we managed to squeeze in a few meals with Mickey and the gang. Who would have guessed that Maggie's favorite character was Daisy Duck {another souvenir she came home with and is in just about every picture below, not to mention in bed with her as we speak}. Maggie's favorite ride was It's A Small World while Jack's were obviously the two Toy Story rides. He did have a close second though that he rode two times...the Haunted Mansion....I was a little surprised by that choice.
We made it to all the parks and even visited some of them two times. And somehow managed to come home {the Contemporary Hotel} for much needed naps everyday. Once naps were over we were up and at 'em again.
So, you know how I feel, pictures tell the best story. And we've got lots of them! This trip is definitely slideshow material {I could never choose just a few}. I hope you enjoy the show of our Days at Disney!
{Notice how our family slowly looks more weary as the days go on. If you make it all the way to Animal Kingdom, you may not even believe that we are still standing...I couldn't}
You know when you come home that worn out you had an amazing time. But, more importantly the kids did to. Space Ranger Jack could not get enough of the Toy Story excitement. He met Buzz, Woody, and a green Army man. He rode Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios twice and the Buzz ride at Magic Kingdom three times. We ate and played at Pizza Planet and pretty much bought every Toy Story souvenir the gift shops had to offer.
Princess Maggie fell in love with the Disney Princesses. Belle being number one on her list. Maggie ate dinner with the Princesses twice. Once in Norway at Epcot and then again at Cinderella's castle. She was covered in Princess kisses and ate up every minute of the individual attention. {Jack believed if he closed his eyes the princesses wouldn't see him--he is very anti-princess}. Maggie even saw a Broadway presentation of Beauty And The Beast at Hollywood Studios. Her eyes did not leave the stage. She came home with lots of Princess pictures and her very own cherished Belle doll {my dear Maggie has done a number on poor Belle's hair with the comb that came along with her}
Between Toy Story and Princesses we managed to squeeze in a few meals with Mickey and the gang. Who would have guessed that Maggie's favorite character was Daisy Duck {another souvenir she came home with and is in just about every picture below, not to mention in bed with her as we speak}. Maggie's favorite ride was It's A Small World while Jack's were obviously the two Toy Story rides. He did have a close second though that he rode two times...the Haunted Mansion....I was a little surprised by that choice.
We made it to all the parks and even visited some of them two times. And somehow managed to come home {the Contemporary Hotel} for much needed naps everyday. Once naps were over we were up and at 'em again.
So, you know how I feel, pictures tell the best story. And we've got lots of them! This trip is definitely slideshow material {I could never choose just a few}. I hope you enjoy the show of our Days at Disney!
{Notice how our family slowly looks more weary as the days go on. If you make it all the way to Animal Kingdom, you may not even believe that we are still standing...I couldn't}

4 comments:
aaaaah! What a fun trip! Action packed. Rest up and recover this week from your whirlwind trip. I enjoyed the slideshow and every little detail. You're getting me all excited and counting down the days!
~Erica
Trip looks awesome!!! Really cute kids and I love Maggie's kissed face!
So sad our magical trip is over too...time to sort thru pics! you got some great ones....looking forward too comparing battle stories...I am exhausted! ! Scarf and Jeans huh? ? It was in the 80's while we were there...we sweated! Glad you guys had a great trip!
I watched your Orlando slide show and was especially thrilled to see how much Maggie enjoyed it. I knew Jack would but what a treat to see our baby girl
smiling with all the princesses!
Post a Comment