Only 5 weeks off schedule, and our house is finally starting to look like it's "under construction".
Believe it or not, this is very bittersweet for me, I am sooooo ready to get this project going. I've been planning it since early this summer. Months and months of time and energy have gone in to this so it's time to finally have something to show for it. We've been through an entire variance process {which should be renamed a he**iance process}. I've spent countless hours with an architect only to find myself nodding, "yea, yea, sure, that sounds nice". Who am I to know what I am talking about, she's the expert. And most recently
So the reason I say bittersweet is because you would think the worse is behind us. But, I find that living through construction just might top all of the above. However, I can't wait for my fabulous master suite, two new entrances, an extended sunroom, and a new deck {although I'll believe it when I see it at this point, but it's fun to dream}. Oh, and just a little surprise....next time you come over to our little white cottage it may not be so white anymore.
But, before we get all that we've got this...
...an official permit and an official shiny white box to store it in...
...the ugliest consturction dumpster in town, but I don't care because it means progress to me...
...a torn down deck and a new muddy cleared out space for the addition...
...and the starts to one of our new entrances.
At the rate we are going, I'll be back in 6 months to show you the first nail that goes in. {And, by the way, I'm not a pessimist, really. I like to call my self a realist...this is just really starting to get to me, if you can't ell}.

1 comment:
Gosh, I can relate. We are building and the architect and building permit phases have been long and tiring. I'm sure that your new additions will look great!
Post a Comment