Thursday, October 27, 2011

Elmo-licious


I couldn't wait 4 more days to share.  So lucky you...you get a sneak peak of one of my Halloween cuties.  Told you we were commercializing the holiday this year.  Don't say I didn't warn you...




Commercialization at it's cutest, if I do say so myself!  Mags had her pre-school Halloween party today.  So she got to adorn her Elmo tutu dress to the festivities.  I must admit, I thought we would be taking this precious thing to school on a hanger though.

The costume has been hanging in Maggie's closet for a good month now.  I tried to hide it from her to salvage the novelty of it, but she found it {Jack showed her} a few weeks ago.  It was instant love on Maggie's behalf.  But, only on the hanger.  Since that day she has asked me daily, "la out".  So I would pull it out, she would pet all over it, smile, and giggle cute little Maggie grins.  But, when I asked her if she would like to try it on, I would get a very animated, "no".  This has happened, oh, only about 22 times.

Oh dear, I thought.  I may have an anti-costume wearing toddler on my hands.  Oddly enough we went through the whole routine on Tuesday of this week..."la out"..."would like you to wear it?"...and I was shocked when she said, "yes" while rubbing her chest and belly.  {That's Maggie's translation for put it on.}

So we did.  And she wore it all evening, even at dinner.  She pranced around like Elmo's biggest fan and I sighed a giant breath of relief.

So today, she made her first debut out of the house.  It was a hit. Although, this first time "girl" Mommy is learning you don't wear tulle in the carseat.  What a tangled up mess when we arrived at school this a.m.  Nothing a little fluffing and straightening couldn't fix.  I almost felt like a pageant Mom in the parking lot for a minute.  And Ms. Meridith said Maggie kept it on all day with a giant smile on her face {and even came home with cupcake icing on Elmo's eyes}.

But, don't think this is the last you've seen of my Elmo-licios Maggie.  More to come Halloween weekend and night!  This ought to hold you over until then...











1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

No words...except over the top CUTE!