Monday, October 24, 2011

All In A Weekend's Work


What a weekend we had!  Super busy and full of fun times.  We haven't had one like this is in a quite a while.  So here it goes, a little update on a Cibula weekend.

Let's start with Friday.  Actually let's start with Thursday.  Thursday night that is.  If you've never done this, I strongly suggest you do {that is for all my fellow blog writers out there}..I spent Thursday night perusing old posts on my blog. I initially started in search of a post of Jack around 23 months.  I was not trying to compare my kids if that is what you are thinking.  I was just simply trying to remember what he was like at this age and revel in both Jack and Maggie's strengths and differences. {are you buying that?}  Well, what started as a simple stroll down memory lane turned into a marathon.  I was up late...with a few tears, laughs, and lots of smiles.

So you are probably wondering what this has to do with our weekend.  Well it was a nice wake up call for me.  So so so many pictures of Jack and documentation of every detail of that kid's life.  Now, in my defense I think I've done a pretty fair job of keeping Maggie's picture quota close {but, close being the key word}.  So knowing we had a class playdate at the park on Friday for Jack, I decided to take my camera and focus on Mags.  Just my sweet little Maggie playing.  This is hint of what I got.  Love that girl {have I ever mentioned that?}










It doesn't take much to get a grin out of my girl.  A swing, a few fall leaves, and the slide made for a happy camper.  I so wish I had a decent picture of the slide to share. You see the slide is a green tunnel, Maggie is wearing a hot pink coat, and well, that makes for a purple reflection on my doll.  Even with as cute as she is, it wasn't very becoming.

However, I did get to enjoy her very specific slide routine that she insisted we both follow--she walked up the playset ramp, pushed my backside towards the slide, while chanting "go, go, go Mommy", and then waited at the top of the tunnel slide until I was in position to greet her at the bottom.  And then the process started all over again.  It was the highlight of her day.





And although, I did spend Jack's class park playdate focusing on Maggie, I couldn't resist.  Seriously, look at that, could you have?  See that bag on the bench behind Jack?  It was filled with things to "chase the girls with".  {i.e. pirate get up, dinosaurs, and Buzz with a laser.}  Obviously Jack's idea, but definitely worth noting.  

And now moving on to Saturday.  We had Jack's last t-ball game and pizza party celebration.  I can't believe how fast that season went.  So long Sand Gnats.  Jack's  game was at 9:30 a.m. with the celebration following immediately after.  Pizza at 10:30, hmmm?  It was all worth the trophy though!




And no, he did not take one bite of that pizza.  Who could at brunch? Okay, maybe I could have way back in the college days.




We didn't stop there on Saturday.  Next stop was Ansley's 3rd Birthday party...baker style!  And let me tell you it was oh, so cute.  The kids did a little cooking, mixing, pouring, and mess making.  I had no clue how much Maggie would love this.  Since then I have had to give her all kinds of cooking utensils and the least messy ingredients I can conjure up to use in the kitchen.  Her favorite time of day, of course, is when I am preparing dinner.  It's a juggling act keeping her concoctions contained while trying not to burn dinner.  But she is so worth it!  Ahhh..these are the moments to remember.  Does she have to grow up?

I've got to start with the precious party decor.  I got a few pictures before the mess was made...it didn't take long though before the party goers got cookin'!  Kudos to Kristen on a great party and Happy "3" Ansley!  We are so honored to celebrate with you!














How cute was that?  But, here comes something even cuter...







My little pizza maker wasn't so sure about "cooking" when we first arrived.  Then he figured out the fabulous mess he could make and dug right in.  He had a great time and was very proud of his finished products.  I think I may have two cooking fans now.

And yes, there is that t-ball uniform under his apron.  That is one good thing about the end of the season...we get to wear regular clothes to Saturday functions again.  Yay!

Now, my Maggie had a similar reaction to cooking when we first arrived.  But hers wasn't due to lack of interest, hers was shyness.  My little "slow to warm up" Mags was a bit overwhelmed by all the bakers at the pizza table.  So knowing exactly what this girl needed, I took her to the empty cake table.  Pulled a chair to the side and let Maggie get acquainted to cooking in her own private world.  It wasn't long before she was at the table with her fellow chefs and loving it!  I've learned it takes her a few {seconds, minutes, hours, fill in the blank depending on the event} and then we are usually good to go.  This "shy baby" stuff is all new to me.






That is pure concentration right there.  Maggie was taking this very seriously.



 I think Maggie may have used the entire jar of blue sprinkles...sorry kiddos!



And what better way to top off a hard day of baking and cooking than with a sweet treat. And this is a very special sweet treat...Maggie's first very own cupcake as a birthday party guest.  No more hiding dessert from this girl. She's got it figured out.  I keep trying to explain to her that she is already sweet enough, but she isn't buying it.

Now off to get ready for Halloween weekend!





No comments: