
The kid's Pre-School held its annual Fall Festival this weekend. It was Clay and I 's our first official 'divide and conquer' day {the first of many I'm sure}. Jack had a t-ball game at 10:30 on the fields directly behind the festival, so Mags and I hit the festival while the boys played ball. At the completion of the ball game, Jack sprinted {cleats and all} to the festivities.
It actually worked out well. Maggie had a good hour to make festival choices for herself and I got a little one on one time, {at an actual event}, with my darling baby girl. However, I must confess, we were both elated when Jack ran in to spice up the fun--sometimes it's just too quiet without him around!
The only down fall of this 'divide and conquer' morning, and yes this is a down fall, was Jack joined us in Sand Gnats uniform. This was the first year that he wasn't able to debut his seasonal Halloween tee at the Fall Festival. And to make matters worse, Maggie was able to. So my photo op dreams were crushed by t-ball get up. And worse than that, because of the 'divide and conquer' style of the day, I pretty much gave up on any photos of them together at all. Again, the first of many photo dreams crushed, I'm sure.
Regardless of attire, the kids had a blast kicking off Fall, festival style. Each in their own way, of course. Maggie took her time deciding where and what to do and Jack dove head first into the first bounce house he could find. Maggie picked necklaces from the prize jars and Jack picked sugar. Maggie had her face painted and chose the orange pumpkin and Jack didn't want to stop long enough to even see what the choices were. They did, however, both agree on one thing...the train ride...go figure. Maggie "choo chooed" her away around the
So, I can officially put a check mark by Fall Festival 2011and now it's time for the rest of our fall fun. I'm thinking a Pumpkin Patch visit is on the horizon!






No comments:
Post a Comment