I'm starting to get the Fall itch around here. This is very unusual for me, seeing as how I despise Winter and therefore usual spend the Fall dreading it's arrival. But, this year feels different. So much so, that I've started pulling out the Fall decor. However, I have resisted the urge to go overboard, for fear of being antagonized by one of my dear friend's husbands {ahem...Erin}. He would be happy to know that the Halloween decorations are stilled stored away, {much to Jack's dismay}, for another 11 days.
Beyond the decor, our October and November calendars are filling up fast. Fall Festivals, Pumpkin Patch visits, a "spooky" Halloween event {as Jack refers to it}, friends birthday parties, and my absolute favorite...Maggie's 2nd Birthday Party. I believe the latter has given me a new perspective on the season.
And though I know this won't surprise you...we already have the kid's Halloween costumes. Just a little hint...Jack and Maggie commercialized the holiday to the tilt this year. Believe me, I tried hard to avoid this. 'Don't you want to be a fireman and Maggie can be a dalmatian? or 'How about a farmer and Mags can be your pet piglet?'. All my effort was in vain. So what was I to do, but give in with a big smile on my face. Let's just say, they will both be very happy dressed as their favorite characters. More to come...
With that taken care of, it is time to fully focus on Maggie's 2nd celebration. This one I have full rein over. I am aware that this will not always be the case, so I am taking full advantage of it. Maggie's invites will be mailed out in just a few short weeks! Time to get busy on all of the "moo"velous details. {Just another understated hint for you.}
So with all that in the works, I am most definitely getting the Fall itch. Here's to pumpkins, falling leaves, and a chill in the air. Happy almost Fall ya'll!

4 comments:
haha...I actually meant to comment at the cookout about you not having your scarecrow/pumpkins out!! :) Thank you for thinking of us while decorating your home for the seasons. It is officially Fall now so we will allow it. :)
I CANNOT believe it is already time to plan for Mags' 2nd...the year has flown (as they all seem to do now).
PS - if you need any Toy Story accessories I have a few from last year! :) You can wear my Jessie hat!
I was going to guess either toy story or Mickey/Minnie!
Hmmm...you are both wrong for Mags!
I love those pumpkins! I had to laugh at the kid's Halloween costumes. Last year Hall just had to be Spiderman. As much as I tried, I couldn't convince him otherwise.
Just read your post about the farm. That's awful for a business to do. I would have been so mad.
Post a Comment