Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hello Summer


Goodbye school days, hello summer! Jack celebrated his last day of school this Friday.

It was exciting, but wrenching for two reasons (1) we adore Ms. Debbie, a perfect match for Jack, and I am so sad to see him leave her guidance and (2) next year will be his last year of pre-school--I'll save the teary eyes for next year, or at least I'm trying too. Either way it's tough to think about.

So, a school year that basically started out a little bumpy {remember that whole thing about not being in the same class with his dearest friend Sophia} actually turned out amazing. God truly has a plan that is best for us. It was just hard to see that those first solemn weeks for Jack. But he is a kid and kid's are resilient, right? It seems to have proven so...Jack met lots of new friends that he adores, learned a ton, and enjoyed his school days to the fullest.

But, that doesn't mean he wasn't ready to celebrate the last day with a party and look forward to some summer time "stay home" days. This was a very well planned party, with lots of fun activities for the kids. And I am happy to say that I was only in attendance at this party, not a planner {although, they did con me into reading the "summer time" book to the kids}. Other than that I got to sit back and enjoy the happenings!


A yummy lunch catered by Chick-fil-a with some added goodies.

A "Summer Shaker" art activity which Jack would only use the blue dot paint with {that is a whole other issue in itself}.

A pull string Pinata--the kids could hardly stand their excitement.


Jack and his new "best friend", Garrett, showing off their Pinata loot.


A grand goodbye to our Pre-School 3's friends and an incredible teacher, Ms. Debbie.

Now time for some summer fun!



3 comments:

Erin said...

we have one more week to go (which I am kinda thankful for!)...

The pic of him holding hands with his new BF is too cute. Nate is already concerned about not seeing his school friends everyday this summer...so nice to see them learning how to make friends on their own!

The Harris Family said...

Yay for summer- now we can see you guys more!!!

The Fokens Family said...

Love the metallic 80's shades! J is so hip:)