Yay for April babies! The last Spring baby just turned one this weekend. Happy Birthday to a beautiful baby on a beautiful day. Eliza Kate's sweet Garden Party was a great finale to a month of 6 birthday parties. Now, weekends just might return to a slower pace as we prepare for an action packed summer. And I finally feel caught up on my blog posts {except for some book reviews--I've actually been able to read a couple novels in this insanely busy month}.Maggie and I attended the sweetest pink and green girly party you can imagine. Daddy missed this one again, but this time he was traveling for work, can't blame it on the tennis. And Jack, well, he found himself in a bit of a pickle. He was invited to a boy classmate's party at a jump house facility. When I offered him a choice with two invitations in hand, he looked very seriously at both and said, "this is a bery {very}hard becision {decision}." Yes Jack, the first of many in your life. After a good debate, he decided he liked Mickey Mouse {who graced the front of one invitation} better than flowers. And then he threw in, "even though Mickey is not my favorwite charwicter". Hmm...wonder if there would have been any debate had it been Buzz or Woody on that second invite.
So our dear Miss Abby took Jack to his party and the girls attended a gorgeous day in the "garden". Just when I think parties can't get any cuter--they do. Erica did a fabulous job. I wish I had taken more pictures of the sweet decor, but I had a very clingy 17 month attached to my hip for the majority of the party. {we are FINALLY getting those top 2 incisors in--bittersweet!} And that leads me to the lack of park play that Maggie actually participated in.
I arrived a little early to the park hoping to get some great pictures of my little Mags playing like a big girl. However, Maggie decided observing was better than playing. It actually all worked out {although my back is killing me, but isn't is always?}. I was able to catch up with friends {which is rare at a party these days}, enjoy the sunshine, and hold a little piece of heaven in my arms without chasing Jack around.
And the other great news...Jack had an excellent time at his party, wore himself out, and I didn't have to endure a very loud and busy bounce house venue on a Saturday afternoon. Win win for everyone.
So Happy Birthday to Eliza Kate! Thanks for having us girls. We look forward to many more celebrations of precious YOU!

I told you she is teething.
Maggie certainly enjoyed lunch for two reasons 1) Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets (her absolute favorite) and 2) the Micca girls. Maggie can't get enough of "SSSS" and "AAAA".

With a full belly, Maggie decided to give the slide a try. On this unpredictable day of teething {correction, week}, sitting at the top was just as enjoyable as sliding down. Believe it or not, up and down the slide is usually one of her favorite park activities.

That's two lollipops in less than a month! Mags has taken such a liking to them, she's even started calling them by name. Well, kind of...it's "popsss" to her. Not bad though.

1 comment:
Aww...thanks for coming with your girly! One of these days I'll catch up with a post!
Post a Comment