
I knew this would be a fun event for both of us. Shoe shopping with my little girl, what else do I have to say? But, what I knew would make it even more eventful is Maggie's LOVE of shoes. She is a girl down to the core. She adores shoes, especially shiny ones. Put her on a floor with a variety of shoes (i.e. the closest, the mud room) and she can keep herself happily busy. So I knew a store with shelves of shoes everywhere would be right up her alley. And did I mention, "shz" is her new favorite word? The girl will point to her closet repeatedly requesting a pair of "shz" whether we are going anywhere or not. Yes, she really likes shoes.
When we arrived at the shoe store, Maggie pointed at every shelf that lined the walls. "Yes, Maggie, those are shoes". And when she finally got out of my arms, Maggie made an immediate bee line to the nearest and lowest shelf she could find. She put her hands on the shiniest pair of red shoes within reach and started tapping them on her feet. As if desperately pleading, "put these on, please". Unfortunately, we weren't in the market for red shoes.
We did run into a little snag on our shoe adventure, Maggie bumped her head on the "shoe trying on" bench, not once but three times. It made for a very dramatic cry...not once, but all three times. Poor Magpie had some very red eyes for her first shoe shopping trip and pictures.
It was all forgotten though, when we finally found a pair of "cruising" shoes that fit her mobility level and were available in her teeny tiny foot size in a sparkling silver. I was trying my hardest to go neutral--silver for a girl is neutral, huh? Oh, but don't be too impressed by my frugality. Trust me, when this girl of mine gets walking, we will own ever color of shoe possible. The girl choices are just too endless and precious to resist!
The prize pair! After trying on about 5 other pair (which Maggie did not mind at all) we found a winner!

Please excuse the blur, I could not resist sharing this picture of my sweet Maggie after a long afternoon of shoe shopping. What a little trooper and my forever shoe diva (here's hoping anyway;).

2 comments:
Oh my goodness! I can't wait! Maggie is precious in her outfit!
Lily is a shoe girl too. Most of hers end up pink. She loves her dress shoes the most though I think her rain boots are a close second. She always has shoes on her feet and wants them even when she has footed pjs on. Now Shopping can't say she is good with. You are lucky to have such a future shopper on your hands.
Post a Comment