Sunday, February 20, 2011

Party Hoppin'



This February has been the month of Birthday celebrations. It's kind of funny, because before this year we only had one kiddie friend with a February birthday. With Jack's new group of friends in his 3's class, he is the youngest and all of his classmates have been turning 4 all winter long.

I've loved it, not to mention Jack and Maggie have too. February has always been one of my least favorite months. It seems that by February I am so over the winter thing, ready for Spring, and nothing is ever going on. It's my antsy, got the winter blahs month. That was until this year (well, I'm still over winter). Our calendar has been slammed packed all month. I like being busy and if I can keep my kids busy too, it's a win-win for all of us.

So on to the party hoppin'...

We celebrated one of Jack's classmates 4th at some Jumpy place in town (completely forgot the name of it). The lighting was awful, not to mention I was chasing Jack around like an over protective Mother (that place was packed), so this is the extent of the pictures. You will have to trust me on this one...Jack had a great time.

Next up was another classmates 4th at the local Fire Station. Can I just say here, that was a super cute party. We got a fabulous tour from the firemen and Jack even did a fire relay. Hat--check, coat--check, hose--check, and fire dog--check. Precious!


After a nice lecture (correction educating) on fire safety, I went home and called a window company. All of the Cibula's cottage's windows are painted shut...can anyone say fire hazard? So we are having new windows installed next month. Thanks Station #4.


Climbing on the fire truck was just a touch of what these firemen had planned for the kids. It was truly an action packed party.


And then something a little more girly to balance out all of that rambunctious boy celebrating. Our dear little friend Jessie turned two with a "Baby Doll" party. It was BYOD...bring your own doll. How cute is that?


Maggie had her first "playing with baby dolls" date with her sweet friend, Bradley. Don't those sweet girls look like baby dolls themselves? Yum!


The Birthday girl! Okay, I had a darling picture of Jessie eating her Birthday cupcake, but decided this might be cuter--a tutu, monogrammed bloomers, and sparkly slippers...enough said.


No Baby Doll party is complete without Stroller Races--I told you this was a precious party. Jessie's big bro was there to celebrate so I decided to tote our big brother along. I don't know who had more fun Jack or Mags!


Little spectating Mags cheered on from the sidelines with her baby doll in hand. Jack couldn't have a bigger fan in the world!

And on top of all of those parties, we also celebrated with Carson and Emma too. Sadly, the lighting was really awful at the gym, so I didn't even get one picture. But, on a brighter note, both Jack and Maggie had a grand time climbing, sliding, and bouncing the afternoon away. We will have to keep that one in our memory back since we don't have any tangible memories.

So Happy Birthday to all of our February friends. Thanks for thinking of us on your special days! We love a good party!





No comments: