Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Did It Again


Yes, I did it again. I volunteered for another party in Jack's pre-school classroom. Don't get me wrong, I love it....absolutely. But, I've come to realize why all those cute goodies in the gift shops say, "Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again".

You see, I realized that I don't have to volunteer to be able to attend. So the smart Mommies just show up, enjoy time with their kiddos and leave. Me, on the other hand, spends weeks before coordinating with the other "Party Moms", ordering crafts, pre-assembling them, grocery shopping, arriving early to set up, and then cleaning up. Hmmm...something is wrong with this picture.

However, I did have a great time. Jack loves that I help and it also fills that empty void of the old teaching days. I was assigned the craft and story time...again. I'm getting pretty good at it too. And I've still got one more party this school year to exercise my expertise...the end of the year celebration. But, until then, I had my fill with the festive Christmas party.

Unfortunately, when you are the "Party Mom" it leaves little time for picture taking, but I always mange to get a few.


The party started with a Little Drummer Boy performance from the class. Absolutely priceless!



Snack was a plate full of Christmas goodies. These are Jack's "prayer" hands as all the children said the blessing in unison. Now if I could only get him to keep his mouth empty at our dinner table during the blessing.



Pin the Nose on Rudolph was the party game. Jack, being an expert at this, ever since Maggie's Pin the Hat on the Turkey game, got Rudolph's nose right on! (And I know he didn't peek this time)



Jack was in awe as I read the children "Santa's New Suit". It's one of his favorite Christmas books...this year anyway.



And this makes it all worth it...a happy boy going home with a tired Mommy. I wouldn't change my "volunteer" time with Jack for anything!





3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Glad we both figured out the preschool party volunteer etiquette, now that the year is almost over! Oh well,it's been fun! Can't help but wonder what it would feel like to just attend:)
Love your drummer boy!
Erica

Grammy said...

Be still, my heart.

Erin said...

Wow...Jack is a pinning prodigy! :) I am sure all of your hard work makes the party very special for all of the kids!