Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Countdown


Only 4 more days until Christmas, but who's counting? Well, I can tell you one for sure...Jack! Daily I get the infamous question, "today is Christmas morning?". He tries to put it in more of a statement/question hoping that way I will possibly say yes.

I've tried two solutions for this ongoing questioning around here 1) a Santa place mat with a revolving wheel exposing the number of days left until Christmas and 2) keeping him super busy--especially since school is out.

"Super busy" today was a playdate at Wesley Kate and Bradley's house. I think all of us Mommies had the same goal in mind.

I just love that there are "big kids" for Jack and "wee ones" for Maggie. I truly am blessed to have such a fabulous group of Mommies to hang out with--I look at it as my little Christmas present, just year round.

And a tremendous thanks to Karen for hosting and the incredibly festive spread she had for us--not many people are brave enough to do that less than a week before Christmas!


My dear Jack wanted to wear a Christmas shirt so bad to the playdate. However, I only had one shirt made this year and we are saving it for Christmas day. So we compromised on a shirt with red and red tennies--how terrible did I feel? (Guess I should have bit the bullet and had two made--sorry my Monkey)


On the other hand, sweet Mags has too many Christmas outfits in her closet to choose from. It's one a day from here on out.



This was the only semi-group shot I could get (minus about 4 kiddos). Too much fun and too much to play with to slow down for photos--I guess that is a good thing, fun was had by all!





1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

Don't feel bad about the one shirt...Miller got the big brother shaft this year too! It's all about the fun girly outfits!
Wish we could have made it. Looks like ya'll had fun!