Jack had his first sleep over this weekend. And I bet you can't guess who it was with?...of course, his best bud in the world, Sophia.
What started as a very impromptu playdate after naps turned into an all nighter. Jack was having Sophia withdraws with our recent stint of being on vacation week before last and Sports Camp this past week. It was probably one of the longest stretches he has ever gone without seeing her since he was a wee 4 months old.
When he woke from his nap he asked for her again...only the 88th time that day. So I gave a quick call and Sophia was over here in no time to join us at the pool. I had every intention of taking her home after some swimming and dinner. But, the two bosom buddies had other plans. Where they got it I don't know, but they requested a "sleepover".
With all the Mommies and Daddies in agreement we gave in to these two tots. It went great! Jack offered his sleeping bag up to Sophia, he was very excited about that. We assembled a blow up mattress on his bedroom floor, Cristina delivered PJ's, and the kids were in sleep over heaven.
Believe it or not, they slept....all through the night. Now I will admit they woke up semi-early. Clay walked in to find the two giggling in a pile of books on Jack's bed. We spent the rest of the day at the pool again before dropping Sophia off at naptime. I don't know about Sophia, but Jack crashed hard for a loooong nap after a whimper of, "I want Sophia to stay at my house all da days...".

No comments:
Post a Comment